We are honored to partner with local organizations and outreach programs to kick off the “Shirt Off Your Back” campaign. By teaming up, we can ensure that we are providing the necessary items directly into the hands of those in need.
Street to Home “is a grassroots movement focused on helping those in our community that have been homeless the longest get off the streets and into housing by providing support aimed at recovery and community re-integration. The effort is a coordinated public-private partnership between leading local non-profit organizations and community stakeholders” including Daily Bread, the South Brevard Sharing Center, Inc., Peace GAP Ministry and the Melbourne Police Department with the Street to Home movement being coordinated by Steady Town.
Some of the assistance provided to the homeless community by these organizations includes the following:
- Daily Bread not only provides hot meals, but also showers complete with toiletries and an exchange of dirty clothes for clean ones.
- The South Brevard Sharing Center (SBSC) assistance includes food, clothing, household items and financial vouchers. Additionally, SBSC provides backpacks and school supplies to students.
- In addition to the services they provide, Peace GAP Ministry also provides the items necessary to make a house feel like a home.
- Officers with the Melbourne Police Department often carry backpacks in their patrol cars with a change of clothes and toiletry items for the homeless.
As part of our Shirt Off Your Back campaign, Hometown Hope is asking for your support. Rather than tossing or giving your used clothing to outlets that resell the items, donate them to the Shirt Off Your Back campaign to be given directly to someone in need.
Items Needed Most:
- Men’s clothing and shoes
- Toiletries (shampoo, deodorant, disposable razors, shaving cream, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, combs, etc.)
- Laundry detergent
- Toilet Paper
Start gathering your unwanted clothes, those leftover hotel amenities or travel-sized toiletries and giveaways from your dentist that get thrown into a drawer.
TENTATIVE DROP-OFF LOCATIONS & TIMES
|Sep 9||4:00 pm – 6:00 pm||Bar IV (Titusville)|
|Sep 17||10:00 am -12:00 pm||MAS Karate & Dance (Rockledge)|
|Sep 17||5:00 pm – 7:00 pm||Eau Gallie Art District (Melbourne)|
All times and locations are tentative and subject to change.
$50 Suds Sponsorship
Provides a 5-gallon bucket of homemade laundry detergent, enough for 640-loads