Co-founder (and former Executive Director, Operations)
Jonna’s passion for Earth and it’s inhabitants is illustrated by her educational background and volunteer work. Additionally, her employment history has provided her with a skill set ideally suited for the position as Hometown Hope’s Director of Operations.
Jonna possesses 20 years of management experience and has worked for or in conjunction with several non-profit organizations. She is skilled in sales administration, accounting, information technology, marketing and training. Her strengths include project management, planning and research. She graduated from the University of Miami with a Bachelor’s degree in Biology and a minor in Education. Additionally, she attended Nova Southeastern University’s Oceanographic Center pursuing a M.S. degree in Marine Biology, focusing on behavioral ecology and conservation of sharks and stingrays.
Some of the non profit organizations she has been or is involved with include the following:
- Brevard Zoo’s Sea Turtle Healing Center (Volunteer)
- American Cancer Society/Relay for Life (Team Development & Recognition Chair)
- Animal Protective League/Waggin’ Tails Animal Shelter (Shelter Manager)
- Brevard Workforce Development Board/National Emergency Grant (Project Manager)
- Humane Society of Broward County (Volunteer)
Her interests include fitness, nutrition, holistic/alternative medicine, animal welfare, cancer awareness (research and support) and depression/suicide prevention.